All the pages that I have linked to below keep expanding as I find more information and pictures, so if you check back periodically, you may find more points of interest. The details of the story are in the pages that I have created and linked to.
- Sri Rama’s Ancestor, Vaivasvata Manu was a Dravidian King : Srimad Bhagavatam
- Sri Rama broke Siva’s bow and wedded Sita Devi.
- He defeated Parasurama who challenged him.
- Rama and Sita came to Ayodhya.
- Bharata left for his maternal uncle’s house (Kekeya – pakisthan) taking with him the sinless and powerful Satrughna. Rama was most handsome and brave. In virtues, he excelled his father Dasaratha.
- With a desire to see Sri Rama installed as a king during his life time, Dasaratha invited all the leaders (kings and chieftans of Kosala) and sought consensus for making Sri Rama, Yuvaraja (Crown Prince).
- Then Arrangements were made for Sri Rama’s coronation as a crown prince and
- Dasaratha sent for Rama to tell him about his coronation.
- After the assembly was adjourned, Dasaratha again sent for Sri Rama privately to discuss both austerity rites and cautionary measures. He explained his reason for wanting to complete the coronation in Bharata’s absence. Then Sri Rama went to tell Kausalya the good news of his coronation and found her praying there with Sumitra, Lakshmana and Sita. He declared that he would share all his royal fortune with Lakshmana.
- As ayOdhya excitedly anticipated s’ri rAmA’s coronation, vasiSTha advised Rama and Sita about fasting as per das’ratha’s request.
- Even before Rama was born Indra strategised the end of Ravana.
- Lakshmana was Rama’s devoted brother, who even followed him into the forest.
- Sri Rama’s first teacher was Vasishtha.
- Sri Rama’s next teacher was Viswamitra.
- Sri Rama meets Sarabhanga but Indra leaves without meeting Rama.
- Sri Rama redeemed Tataki from a curse
- and then he redeemed Ahalya.
- Sri Rama recieves weapons from Agastya
- Sri Rama is given instructions on how to reach Panchavati.
- Sri Rama’s enemy, Ravana, who kidnapped Sita Devi.
- The author of the Surya Siddhantam – Mayasura – was Ravana’s father-in-law.
- Sri Rama first hears of Sugriva, the Vanara King from Kabanda.
- Sri Rama is told to go west by Kabandha to Pampa. Flora and Fauna description.
- Sri Rama’s journey through Kishkinda
- Sri Rama’s devotee and friend : Hanuman
- Sri Rama’s trusted ally : Jambavantha
- Sri Rama Sethu – A Vanara achievement.
- Vanaras in human form at Rama’s coronation
- Sri Rama’s friend Valmiki writes the Ramayanam.
- Sri Rama’s sons Lava and Kusa, Sita’s departure with Dharani Devi
- Sri Rama’s brother Satrughna wins Mathura using Sri Rama’s Strategy
- Sri Rama’s brother Bharata defeats the Gandharvas and established Takshasila and Puskalavata.
- Date of Sri Rama.
- Generations between Rama and Krishna.
- Sri Sita Rama is worshipped by Janamejaya (Abhimanyu’s great-grand-son), prior to making a gift of land.
Devotees of Sri Rama:
General Posts (Ideas) related to Sri Rama:
- Tall and Strong : Could the people of the Tretha Yuga have been taller and stronger than us?
- Nagas, Syenas (Garudas), Vanaras : Were they Human?
- Vivara : Sita Devi asked Dharani Devi 3 times for Vivara. How can it be interpreted?
- Mantras : Space-Time Short-Circuits?
- Ravana’s 1 year wait for Sita.
- Ramayana in SE Asia
- Distances coverable on foot : How Sri Rama and Lakshmana walked such great distances.
- Rama – Bow and Arrow
- Rama’s Journey Map
- Sri Rama Jatakam
A fictional internal dialogue created by me, not from the Valmiki Ramayanam).:
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula