Where do our ideas of time originate?
What measures did Ancient Indians use?
- Names of Years : Hindu
- Kalpa Times and Kalpa Names
- 1 Brahma second = 1 Human Year!!!
- Climate Change, Earth’s Orbit, Yugas
- Kalpas, Manvantaras, Samvatsaras
What is recorded in Ancient Texts about Time Measurement?
- Time Measurements – Bhagavatham
- Time and Distance Measurements : Kautilya
- Time Measurements – Narada Purana
- Time Measurements – Mahabharatam
- Masas and Rtus Names from the Linga Puranam
- narasimha purANam : 2.1 : Time Measurement (yugas, caturyugas, manvantaras,etc)
- Markandeya Yugas
- Surya Siddhantam
- Time and Astronomy in the Bhagavatam: Dr.Sivananda Murthy (Sadguru)
- How many kinds of Yugas are there?
- How many kinds of Sakas (Eras) are there?
- Manvantaras, Revati, Yugas
- Saptarishi Calendar
- What is the difference between a graha yoga (conjunction) and a yuga?
Matching the different Indian Calendars with Modern Western Calendars :
- Connecting Kaliyuga dates and Saka Year Dates.
- Searching for a basis to tie Saka Era to CE (AD)
- Al Biruni : Kaliyuga , Saka Kala conversion
- Agastya – Canopus
- Definition : Saptarishis in or indicating a nakshatram as per Vishnu Puranam
- Saptarishi (Great Bear) Positions according to Varahamihira and Vateswara
- What is a karanagrantha?
- Ahargana : Count of Days : Aryabhatta : Julian Date : Calendars
- Astronomical Constants As Per Aryabhata, Vatesvara, Brahmagupta and Surya Siddhantam (Maya Danava)
Dating Indian Historical Events :
- When the Saraswathi River Dried Up…
- Date of the Mahabharata War
- Date of Sri Rama
- Date of Veda Mantras
- Date of Mahabharata War as per Aryabhatta
- Aryabahatta’s time as per Aryabhattiyam
- References to Yugas in Srimad Bhagavatham : Vyasa’s Birth
- Date of Lagadha, Vedanga Jyotisha
- Varahamihira – Really 427 of Saka Era? : Pancha Siddhantika, varAhamihira
Studying Indian Calendars in use today :
- Raivata Manvadi and Indra Savarnika Manvadi
- Kaliyuga Antham, Dwapara Yugadi Feb 13th 2010.
- Tamil and Hindi Calendar Month Name Variations with Sanskrit (Telugu) Month Names
Using astronomical information on texts for dating :
- Days and Nights
- Ancient Indian Astronomy : Precession and Dates : Frawley
- Equinoxes and Dating Vedas
- Uttarayanam: Shift from Makara Sankramanam to Dhanur Masam
- Astronomical Dating of one Rig Vedic Verse
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula